I got a phone call today asking why I haven't posted since we've been home. The reason is that Nathan is having a hard time adjusting to the time change and the new house so we haven't had a lot of happy baby pictures. We are spending a lot of time holding him and trying to make him comfortable.
We try to get down on the floor with him and make him crawl around a couple of times a day so he can get some excercise. Otherwise he would let us hold him all the time. He is doing better and crawling further away from us but if he spies me on the floor - especially with a camera he will come crawling toward me crying as if I tricked him into being happy for a few moments. He likes the camera which is great because Mommy loves to take pictures!
Bathtime continues to be dramatic. I interpret this picture as "NO! I want to be dirty!" Nathan started shaking his head "no" a few days ago. I was wondering where this came from when Ron admitted he shakes his head "no" when he tells Nathan he can't do something. Now we get the "no" head wagging at diaper change and carseat time and high chair time. We tried the shopping cart yesterday and received a lot of head wagging. It's so cute and I'm glad he can communicate a little with us.
"Oh NO! I'm in the duck again!" This little duck tub is great. Well...at least we think so.
After the bath we get bundled up and snuggled. He wears this betrayed look for a while and finally calms down when he gets his pajamas on.
We are not getting a lot accomplished right now. Ron has been working on the Christmas decorations and is outside hanging the lights now. It turned very cold here today so my plans to take him for a walk are cancelled. We will see what Nathan feels like doing later. Every day is getting a little better.


1 comment:
Your little Nathan is just completely adorable! We truly enjoyed follwoing you to China and are glad that you are safe at home now. We hope that everyday continues toget better.
What beautiful eyes he has!
April
Waiting for Aiden
DTC 11/21/06
http://aiden.seanandrews.com
Post a Comment