Sunday, March 04, 2007

Liberty and Nathan


Liberty has adored Nathan since the day we brought him home. Sometimes I wonder if she thinks we brought home another puppy for her totake care of.

Below is a picture of the first morning after we arrived from China.



We were exhausted but Liberty was estatic to see this baby around. I was so worried about how Nathan would handle the dogs but he was fine. I am still so thankful that Nathan is not afraid of the dogs or cats.








For a while we had to lock her up because he was crying all the time and she would try to comfort him by licking his face which would make him cry more which would make her lick him more. He then started seeking her out so we let them be together.









Liberty was only seven months old when we brought Nathan home but she has been very patient with him. Whenever we tell him "no" in a firm voice she runs to get in between us. If we toss him in the air and swing him around she barks at us until he is safely back on the ground.



Now she follows him around and when she is sleeping he seeks her out to wake her up. They always seem to be together.



She comes in handy too around mealtime. She is always fishing the food out of Nathan's chair and he doesn't care a bit. He pats her head and pulls her ears while she is doing so.




I look forward to seeing how their relationship develops when Nathan is old enough to run around outside.I think these two are going to have the best time.

No comments: