

I started back to work yesterday and I'm very disorganized. Tomorrow morning I have to be in Norman at 0630 so I really should be in bed yet here I am.
It feels almost weird to be at work. I really missed my family. Ron gets to stay home for another month so I am envious but it will work out. Nathan was napping when I left for work yesteray so I didn't see him awake until this morning and he got really excited to see me. I hope us returning to work will not be too hard on him.
Nathan is adjusting better and we make a little more progress each day. He can get so mad when we do anything that he hasn't done before. I'm convinced that we are reaping something from Ron's childhood because I was a good baby. :) His little temper tantrums are almost comical because he makes so many faces. They are getting shorter all the time because he realizes that he is not going to get his way so he gives up and starts sucking his thumb with a resigned look. The good news is that we are no longer experiencing this at every diaper change and bath. (Hurray!)
Nathan has started smiling and talking to the dogs when he thinks we are not looking. When we lock them up so he can play on the floor he crawls to the gate and bangs on it which makes them crazy. All the dogs love him. Trigger keeps bringing him her toys. I think she is hoping he will trade her for some of his.
He is really starting to play with his toys more. The kitties sit and watch in awe as he plays and once in a while a paw snakes out from under the crib's dust ruffle and snatches a toy that has gotten too close.
We went to dinner at the Cracker Barrel tonight and Nathan sat in his high chair and was so good. He got his first taste of some Southern food. He liked the dumplings and the mashed potatoes and the applesauce. He did not like the biscuits and looked at me like "What the hec are you trying to do to me?!" when I fed him a bite of turnip greens. hee hee


No comments:
Post a Comment