Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Nathan's Progress

Nathan is really enjoying learning to sign. Once in a while he has a set-back day where he decides he doesn't want to sign and wants to whine so I can play "guess what's wrong" with him. His speech therapist said it was good to make him sign and not let him fall back into whining so we've been trying not to let him lapse.

He's been very fussy and clingy all week. From the moment I walk into the house if I'm not carrying him, he bawls and throws himself in the floor. I've taken to sneaking into the house and trying to get my gear off before he sees that I'm home. I have to sneak up the stairs or into the bathroom when he is not looking or he has a meltdown. It's wearing on us, but its kind of cute too. I taught him to sign "please" when he wants to be picked up so every time he sees me he rubs his chest furiously. When I'm in the shower he stands outside the glass whining and signing "please" so I usually let him shower with me if he is awake. I don't know how people with several small children ever get to take a shower.

He decided he will eat NOTHING if it's not on bread or a cracker.

He learned where his elbow and his knee are. If you ask if you can kiss his ear, elbow, foot, whatever he will stick that body part in your face for a kiss.

He also decided he likes to kiss dogs and cats now. The dogs look a little startled when he grabs them and kisses their faces but then they kiss him back. The cats don't care for it much and look annoyed or just run when they see him coming.

It was bitterly cold all week so we've been cooped up. I'm so ready for spring! We are planning a trip to DisneyWorld next month and I'm looking forward to it so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I don't know how people with several small children ever get to take a shower."

The answer to that is, you take a group shower! Most days that's what I do with my 2, although I may need to stop that soon because there have been too many anatomy questions lately from my oldest. LOL.


~Mary